Re: Major Benny Question - Anyone Know??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted Bybill powers on November 15, 2002 at 18:28:53:

In Reply to: Re: Major Benny Question - Anyone Know?? posted byBryan Olsen on November 15, 2002 at 14:57:41:

: Wow - thank you so much LL.

: Yes - it does give me a taste of what his act must have been like. It's too bad I wasn't around when he was alive; I would have loved to have seen him perform. I have been reading the biographies - the Irving Fein one and the one by his wife. Benny's influence on people like Steve Martin and Albert Brooks is so apparent. What strikes me about him most of all is that he is the kind of funny that is just undeniable. If you were sitting in the same room with him, watching him perform, I bet there is no one that could resist. You would probably just be shaking with laughter..
:
: These portions of his act that you have - do you know where I can find them? Are they on the internet, etc? I would love to read them! What fascinates me most is the completely original character he developed for the stage, that is both fresh and timeless.

: Thanks in advance for any thoughts and the great answer.

: Bryan

: PS - Does anyone know anything about this
bootleg VHS?

Someone needs to find out what all Radio KLUC in Las Vegas has stored there in the desert. I know they had recordings of their band remotes and some of their live shows that are "warehoused" out there in the desert.KLUC did a lot of work for CBS radio back in the 60s Surely someone knows how could find out whats there and what kind of licensing requirements would be necessary to bring some of this stuff back to life.
There was a lady/girl out there that I used to e mail that had seen some of this stuff. I don't know if there would have been video tapes done in the spirit of "air-checks" or not.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]