My moment has come

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByTempleton Moss on March 21, 2001 at 09:20:33:

I have spent the last two years of my life building up, accumulating knowledge and adding to my collection of Jack Benny. I know now all the actors, all the gags, the stories behind the scenes, I've read all four biographies (by his wife, his agent, his writer, his daughter and himself) and since the average person doesn't even know who Jack was I think it's safe to say that I know a great deal more about Jack than the average person. My time has finally come. You see, my local high school's music department is putting on a musical revue in the style of a 1940's radio show. The drama department (that's where I come in) is stepping in to do little skits between the numbers. Among the performers who will be performed are Burns and Allen, The Three Stooges and Groucho Marx. And (of course, why else would I be posting this here?) JACK BENNY. That's my job. To put together the Jack Benny skit. I at first thought that I would write Jack a little monologue based on my expertise, but I think it would be wiser simply to use one of his classics. So any fellow Wellers out there, please submit to me suggestions, ideas, whatever to Bondorf39@hotmail.com. If anybody knows some of his original vaudeville material with Mary Livingstone that would kick ass. Thank you and goodnight folks.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]