Re: Jack Benny Questions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted Byjerry4opry on March 17, 2003 at 03:48:38:

In Reply to: Re: Jack Benny Questions posted bykurt on March 11, 2003 at 10:03:35:

: "See you in the fall" meant just that. He'd "see" them on TV that fall, when his TV programs resumed. The end of his radio series didn't mean the end of his career, of course.

: The insurance company sponsored the rebroadcasts of the Benny radio programs after 1955.

: i've often wondered why some web sites say Jack ended his radio show in 1957? he ended it in May 1955 (FYI: Johnny Carson ended his reign as host of "The Tonight Show" in May 1992) and remained starring on his TV show for 10 more years, until 1965. i listen to OTR radio shows that air in my area of the USA on numerous AM and FM stations. there's two FM NPR radio stations (93.3 WVXC/ 93.7 WVXU; both stations are grouped with other NPR stations under the banner: "The X-Star Radio Network") that air OTR shows from 11pm-12noon Monday-Friday. On Saturday evenings from 6pm-12am they air a show called "The Big Broadcast" which features Garrison Keillor's radio show (6-8pm), "You Bet Your Life" at 8pm; "Jack Benny" is usually on at 8:30pm; and the 9pm-1ipm time frame is given to alternating shows. at 11pm every Saturday it's Peter Grant with "Moon River". also, AM radio airs "When Radio Was..." with either Stan Freberg or Carl Amari hosting. another OTR series, "Radio Theatre", is hosted by Bob Gibson on numerous AM stations.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]