Re: A Logical Choice....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByMichael on March 18, 2003 at 22:47:33:

In Reply to: A Logical Choice.... posted byGerry O. on March 17, 2003 at 07:00:36:

: If you're a fan of Jack's show, then you might want to give "The Phil Harris-Alice Faye Show" a try.
: The series was sort of a spin-off of the Benny series, and there were even some cross-over appearances by cast members. (Alice subbed for Mary on Jack's show once or twice when Mary was ill and absent, Jack appeared on Phil and Alice's show as a guest, etc.).
: While maybe not as well-written as Jack's show, Phil and Alice's series WAS a VERY funny show, and can usually be counted on for several hearty belly-laughs during the course of an episode.

: Here's a tip: Try to find "Harris-Faye" episodes from 1952 or earlier. In 1953 the show changed writers and those later episodes aren't nearly as funny.

It just so happens that I have a good number of Phil & Alice's shows from 1949... and yes they are VERY funny. Anyone interested in acquiring any of these shows email me and we can work out the details :)

As for them not being as well written as Jack's shows... I would have to disagree. I would say that they are better suited to Phil's brash style than they would be to Jack's more sophisticated style.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]