Re: What is up with the mothers?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted BySusan Havey on April 14, 2001 at 11:35:16:

In Reply to: What is up with the mothers? posted byKatie on January 14, 2001 at 22:13:41:

I have just read Joan Benny's book about her father and she didn't say alot of flattering things about her mother. I also have read Maxine Marx's book about her father (Chico of the Marx Brothers) and she also said some unplesant things about her mom. I have also read other books where the daughters worship the dads, but spit on the moms. What gives? Was it just the time because all these fathers were famous around the same time as one another and I was wondering, what is with the pattern?
Katie - I picked up on that too. It soons like a wonderful topic for a research paper/book. Also the fact that adoptions appeared to be the thing to do even if the wives were able to bear children. Also, how did the "Moms/wives" deal with their spouse's unfaithfullness. From a different perspective - how do you deal (if you are the Wife/Mom) with the fact that your husband is the most loved, admired man in the world and you know him for the man/human being he truly is...Interesting thoughts...

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]