Re: Cheating Husbands

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByNichol Kleespies on April 19, 2003 at 00:06:23:

In Reply to: Re: Cheating Husbands posted byBob R on August 19, 2001 at 17:54:35:

: : The last few years have been very depressing for me. After YEARS of thinking that the "Grand Old Men Of Comedy" were deeply in love with their wives and were faithful to them, I find out in recent biographies (both in print and on TV) that most of these guys couldn't keep it in their pants! George Burns cheated on Gracie with countless starlets and showgirls, Eddie Cantor cheated on Ida (with JOAN DAVIS no less...YUKKK!) and God-knows who else....and the most painful of all...Jack Benny cheating on Mary with Giselle MacKenzie! These guys were all a bunch of phonies...They spent years talking about their endless love for their wives in public, but they were all philandering PIGS! At least the comedians of today don't try to fool their audiences with a holier-than-thou public image! I'm sorry to bring this unpleasant subject up on a forum which obviously idolized Jack Benny, but I feel that it MUST be said

: Regarding cheating husbands,although I morally find adultery wrong and cruel,we do live in the 21st century.If all the entertainers were not adulterers ,there would be none,just like politicians etc.Morality of an entertainer should not negate talent,nor should we as an audience care who is sleeping with who.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]