Al Jolson Day

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByJan Hernstat on June 11, 2003 at 21:10:50:

AFTER FOUR YEARS WE ARE BACK!!!!
THE 7 th ANNUAL LONG ISLAND JOLSON FESTIVAL
"A TRIBUTE TO Al JOLSON”
Saturday, Aug 16, 2003 From 10:00 to 4:30

Society Vice President, Jan Hernstat, is happy to announce Long Island's 7th annual Al Jolson Festival at the Knights of Columbus 2985 Kenneth Place Oceanside , just 35 minutes from Penn Station, Long Island Railroad, NYC. - (Oceanside Station) L.I.

Starring "The Heart Of Al Jolson, Tony Babino
Accompanied by Dave Gross on the Piano
(Folks,Tony sounds just like Jolie himself)

Also scheduled to appear:
+ Janet Cantor Gari (Eddies daughter)
+ Comedian Soupy Sales, and
+ Impressionist Will Jordan

Tickets are $37.50 (2 for $70) which will include the entertainment and meals. If you cannot come for the whole day and just want to attend the show (no food) the cost is $20.00 (2 for $37). PLEASE BOOK EARLY! There is limited seating, and checks will be returned once capacity is reached.

PROGRAM
Registration, Muffins, Coffee, Tea

10:00-10:30 Welcome by Jan Hernstat 10:30-11:00 Janet Cantor,Soupy Sales,and Will Jordan
11:00-12:00 Reflections Of Al Jolson:
“Our guests talk about what Jolson meant to them”
Society Auction (Please bring items) 12:00-12:30 Lunch Buffet: Salad and All four items:
+ Chicken Franchaise (Lemon and butter)
+ Sliced london broil (steak)
+ Baked Ziti
+ Oriental Beef and Broccoli
+ Dessert and coffee

12:30-1:30 The Heart of Al Jolson, Tony Babino 1:30-3:00 Special Jolson Video Presentation: 3:30 - 4:30 The Best of Al Jolson

For out-of-towners, the Holiday Inn will be available for Jolson Society people. Phone 516-678-1300 Call Early! Those who need ride from hotel to event please call me!!. THOSE WHO COME TO SHOW ONLY WILL BE ADMITTED NO EARLIER THAN 1:30 (TONY BABINO SHOW ONLY) PLEASE DO NOT MISS THIS SHOW!!!! THIS WILL BE THE BEST ONE EVER!!

Please send check to JAN HERNSTAT, 246 Chance Dr., Oceanside, N.Y. 11572. For information call Jan at 516-678-3524. DON'T MISS THE FUN! ACT NOW!!!
CLIP COUPON BELOW.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YES, I WILL BE ATTENDING THE LONG ISLAND FESTIVAL
number of people________ total enclosed is $____
NAME_____________________ ADDRESS__________________PHONE_________

Do you need help with hotel?
Do you need transportation from hotel to event?

Please let me know and I will accomodate all out
of towners!!

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]