Re: Frank Nelson's Funniest Episode.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByMichael on July 14, 2003 at 17:34:00:

In Reply to: Re: Frank Nelson's Funniest Episode. posted byGerry O. on July 13, 2003 at 20:05:51:

: : Hi,
: : I have always loved Frank Nelson. My favorite Jack Benny episode featuring Frank is when they are at the train station. When jack goes to Frank "are you the ticket taker" and Frank replies in his most sarcastic "if I'm not I made $2000 today". Then at the end after the winning # is drawn Frank tells Jack "Wellllll, you won the turkey is my favorite of all. I even do my Frank Nelson voice with that line. Does anyone else have a Frank moment to share. Yesssssssssssssssssssss or no,let us know.
: : Phil

: One of my favorite "Frank Nelson" moments happened in a "Railroad Station" show from 1955. Frank was playing the guy at the ticket counter (naturally). Jack wasn't sure which track gate to go to, so he asked Frank, "Pardon me, but I don't know where my train is....Could you tell me where to go?"
: After a short pause, the studio audience "got it" and started laughing loudly. After that first round of audience laughter died down, Frank asked "WHAT did you say?", which caused the audience to laugh even louder. Then Jack said, "I said 'Could you tell me where to go?", and Frank (trying to fight back laughter) shot back with "You ask me that again and I might let you have it!"....The studio audience ROARED at that one!

I think some of my favorite Frank Nelson bits take place during Jack's Christmas Shopping excursions. I recall one time Jack asking floorwalker Nelson how to get to the jewelry department and finishing it with 'Can you tell me where to go?' to which Frank responded (as only he could) "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Will I!" and everyone (including Jack) was roaring with laughter.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]