Re: Happy 95th Birthday Mel Blanc!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted Byjerry4opry on July 25, 2003 at 23:08:02:

In Reply to: Happy 95th Birthday Mel Blanc!!! posted byJim Archer on May 30, 2003 at 22:15:13:

: With all the attention and celebrations surronding Bob Hope's 100th birthday yesterday, all well deserved by the way, we can't forget the supremely talented Mel Blanc, who played a vital role to the popularity of The Jack Benny Program, who would've turned 95 today. God Bless You Mel.

: i'm a huge fan of voice actors and there's not a day or night that doesn't go by on Cartoon Network that Mel Blanc's voice isn't ringing out from the speaker. Blanc's Christmas episode on the TV show is hysterical...sobbing and crying and un-wrapping and re-wrapping a package in the scene after he's to have flagged down the delivery truck!! it's funny how he goes from typical clerk to annoyed to frustrated to insane...the situation grows too dangerous and hostile until Blanc shoots himself behind the Christmas tree!
Jack ponders: "gee, that's such a shame! He was such a young fellow. Let's see, i've got some change coming to me" and he strolls over to the cash registar and gets his change back from the gift as if nothing's happened and he walks out of that "crazy store" with Rochester.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]