Re: Jack Benny source for cartoon scripts?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted Byjerry4opry on July 25, 2003 at 23:16:55:

In Reply to: Re: Jack Benny source for cartoon scripts? posted byrodney on June 02, 2003 at 14:53:53:

: >I remember a couple of shorts with a dept store >floor walker who belted out Frank Nelson's >trademark "YYEEESSS!"

: Much more recently, there's been a walk-on character on a few episodes of The Simpsons during the last couple of seasons who's done the same thing. It's obviously a tribute.

: of course, nobody should forget the Warner Brothers cartoon short called "The Mouse That Jack Built". i think Jack did his own voice and appeared as himself in live action at the end of the short as if he dreamed the whole thing? in the cartoon i can recall Jack's vault filled with cheese of all kinds...Mel did the voice of Maxwell and i think Mary did her own voice or it might've been voice goddess June Foray doing an impersonation. Here's something of slight interest: Jack was once drawn playing his violin on a park bench along side other "down on their luck" radio actors...it was in a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]