Remembering

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByLL on July 28, 2003 at 21:16:19:

In Reply to: Re: BOB HOPE, 1903-2003 posted byjerry4opry on July 28, 2003 at 18:27:46:

: i heard that this morning on Fox News Channel. one thing is puzzling to me is when Milton Berle passed away,"Mr. Television", i didn't hear about it UNTIL two days later! i watched the late local news and at the end of the newscast they ran a little blurb about Berle and that was it.
=====================
Compare that to Jack, who got extensive tributes on both NBC and CBS television, several radio stations and networks, and front page, four- or six-column headlines about his death. I wonder if part of that was the fact that Jack was active until almost the end of his life. Berle had been in declining health for a while, and didn't get his due.

While Bob has been fragile for some years now, I hope that people will still give him the recognition he deserves. I have a feeling that the largest platoon ever in the great beyond is now welcoming him with smart salutes and open arms.

--LL

P.S. Bob eulogized Jack. Who could possibly eulogize Bob? Ronald Reagan and Johnny Carson came to mind, but those won't happen. Perhaps Gerald Ford. Who else?

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]