Re: Remembering

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByGerry O. on July 28, 2003 at 23:51:41:

In Reply to: Remembering posted byLL on July 28, 2003 at 21:16:19:

: : i heard that this morning on Fox News Channel. one thing is puzzling to me is when Milton Berle passed away,"Mr. Television", i didn't hear about it UNTIL two days later! i watched the late local news and at the end of the newscast they ran a little blurb about Berle and that was it.
: =====================
: Compare that to Jack, who got extensive tributes on both NBC and CBS television, several radio stations and networks, and front page, four- or six-column headlines about his death. I wonder if part of that was the fact that Jack was active until almost the end of his life. Berle had been in declining health for a while, and didn't get his due.

: While Bob has been fragile for some years now, I hope that people will still give him the recognition he deserves. I have a feeling that the largest platoon ever in the great beyond is now welcoming him with smart salutes and open arms.

: --LL

Yes, that's a good point about Jack...when he passed away he was still active and in the public eye with TV specials, talk show appearances, etc.
His death came as a complete shock to the world....most people didn't know how ill he had been, and the media and public alike reacted almost as if a man of 40 had just died.

Speaking of famous passings, I was quite surprised at the media coverage and public reaction when George Burns died....For some reason I kept getting the impression that George's death was treated as "no big deal" and not given the coverage and attention that it deserved. I could be wrong on that, but that's how the general reaction to George's death impressed me.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]