Re: The Divine Insanity of Nazarro and Billingsley

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted Bykurt on August 19, 2003 at 12:08:59:

In Reply to: Re: The Divine Insanity of Nazarro and Billingsly posted byLL on August 18, 2003 at 14:28:16:

Cliff Nazarro's doubletalk act was something that went back to vaudeville. Fred Allen also had a doubletalker in the early years of his radio program, and worried that he'd say something that would sound dirty and get the program knocked off the air.

: : Does anyone else, like myself, revel in the work of these two, with their Dali-esque bits dovetailing so well with the rest of the Benny show? Was this surreality the work of the writers (Morrow/Beloin)?
: ================
: Yes, at least in part. I'm not yet positive if Cliff Nazarro started working on the show before Morrow and Beloin, but hope to find that out in some research I'm doing. Nazarro is definitely a lesser-known Benny character actor, much in the same category as Blanche Stewart.
: And, finally (I am a little embarrased to say that I don't know) who played Billingsly? (or is it spelled Billingsley)
: I'll have to consult an actual script, but I think it was Billingsley. The part was played by Ed Beloin.

: --LL

: :
: : TEADJones

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: