Re: Whatever happened to Kenny Baker?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted Byjerry4opry on August 21, 2003 at 05:48:27:

In Reply to: Re: Whatever happened to Kenny Baker? posted byTom Wagner on August 20, 2003 at 21:01:38:

: : I was listening to a 1941 broadcast of the Texaco Star Theater, and as I was listening to Kenny's song, I began wondering what happened to him after he left Fred Allen?

: He briefly appeared as the vocalist on "Pabst Blue Ribbon Town" with Groucho Marx. Ironically, he was replaced by Bill Days, lead tenor of The Sportsmen Quartet. He appeared on Broadway in 1943 with Mary Martin in "One Touch of Venus". He had his own radio show in the mid-40's, "Glamour Manor" (which featured Don Wilson). I know he recorded a religious album in the early 50's (he was a Christian Scientist). I also know he died in May 1984.

: Someone else may be able to fill in the holes.

: in 1938 he was in "Goldwyn Follies", in 1939 he was in "The Mikado", and in 1940 he was in "Hit Parade of 1941". The second film was satirized by Fred Allen as "The Radio Mikado"...be on the look out for a DVD of Jack Benny from the Diamond Entertainment company. It's called "The Jack Benny Show: Collector's Edition" and it contains two DVD's and a total of 15 episodes from his TV show. i don't think it's in stores...i think the only place it can be found is at an on-line market.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]