Re: WANTED: The Mouse that Jack Built: Warner Bros. animation can't be found

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted Bytom williams on October 02, 2003 at 21:06:25:

In Reply to: Re: WANTED: The Mouse that Jack Built: Warner Bros. animation can't be found posted byLL on August 04, 2003 at 21:22:48:

: : I have a MINT copy in technicolor on 16mm film...sorry I can't dub it for you...

: : : Does anyone know whether a copy of this WB animation is available for purchase? Thanks!
: : : ~Virginia
: : : In this clever parody of "The Jack Benny Show," Jack and company are caricatured as mice. Jack decides to take Mary to the Kit Kat Club. They go there in a mouse-sized Maxwell. Unknown to them, the nightclub is the mouth of a real cat. They notice that there's no one else there, and Jack plays his violin. But it's too late. The cat closes its mouth, trapping them. Jack calls for help. Then, we see the real Jack Benny (live action) waking up in his chair. He dismisses the cartoon as just a dream; until he sees the animated mice escape from his cat's mouth!

: : : i know this sounds awful but that cartoon isn't available on video or DVD...my advice is to watch Cartoon Network's "Bugs and Daffy Show" or any classic Warner Brothers compilation series on Boomerang and maybe luck out and catch an airing of it....i've searched everywhere for that and can't find it.

: ==================
: Check with the folks on our Tape Trading List (see Programs, then Tape Trading List). I think one or more of them may have it. It's well worth the search!

: --LL

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]