Re: Phil's "Theme"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByGerry O. on October 30, 2003 at 07:43:37:

In Reply to: Phil's "Theme" posted byMichael on October 27, 2003 at 22:31:43:

: I was listening to an old (pre Jack Benny days) broadcast of a band remote featuring Phil and his Orchestra. As I listened to the opening music, I noticed that it was a piece that I'd heard Phil use not only on Jack's show, but on his own. the question is does this piece have a name? btw if you want to hear this remote, go to http://www.niftic.com/philharris/radio.html
: and you'll be able to download it

The theme song that you're looking for is called "Rose Room". It was Phil's theme song during his orchestra's "Cocoanut Grove" days in the early-to-mid 1930's, and it can also be heard on "The Phil Harris-Alice Faye Show". It's played after Phil and Alice are announced "...and starring Alice Faye and Phil Harris!", and it's also played at the end of the show....right after the last Rexall commercial and before the closing "tag" scene.
This slow, sweet-sounding tune is quite a contrast to the bombastic type of songs ("That's What I Like About The South", "Darktown Poker Club", etc.) that Phil would later become known for.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]