Re: Mary Kelly

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByLL on November 06, 2003 at 23:18:29:

In Reply to: Re: Mary Kelly posted bykurt on November 06, 2003 at 21:30:30:

: Mary Kelly was part of the regular (but uncredited) cast for the 1940-41 season. A trade-paper ad congratulating Jack on his 10th radio anniversary in May 1941 included her signature among the cast members.

: Doesn't necessarily make her the Blue Fairy, however.

: : Can anyone confirm my guess that Mary Kelly was the Blue Fairie (in Pinoc. of spring '40 and first show of 40-41 Season - "Wake Up, Don Wilson, You Big Lug, It's time to do a Jell-O Plug").
=====================
Mary Kelly had been with the cast for a while...give me about a year and I'll be able to tell you more. I've heard a longstanding debate about whether or not she or Blanche Stewart were the Blue Fairy. I haven't thrown my hat into one ring or the other, because I can't be absolutely sure (yet) of which voice was hers. But it is something in my larger research.
============================
: : Another question (mostly to Laura): Are there any photos of Mary Kelly? Are they post-able?
============================
Haven't run across any, but that's not to say they're not out there. It took years for me to get a picture of Babe, and now I have a few of them. One of these days I'm going to have to publish the beautiful portrait of Meyer that was given to me by a member of the family (and to whom I am eternally grateful). Probably a Jack Benny Times back cover eventually...

--LL

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]