Re: Jack Benny on The Honeymooners

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByGerry O. on November 17, 2003 at 14:59:29:

In Reply to: Jack Benny on The Honeymooners posted byReed32 on November 17, 2003 at 13:57:33:

: I've been a Benny fan for a long time, and, thanks to a very generous and loving girlfriend, now have the Classic 39 episodes of The Honeymooners in my collection. I know Jack appeared on an episode as the Kramden's landlord, but I don't know if this is one of the Classic 39 or not, having never seen that particular episode (and not having TV Land so I can see them for free). Can anybody help me here? Thanks!

No, Jack's appearance wasn't one of the "Classic 39" episodes...It was one of the Honeymooners' "Lost Episodes", originally performed live as part of "The Jackie Gleason Show" variety hour, and now rerun (and sold on VHS and DVD on the MPI label) as a filmed kinescope.

The episode is called "Principle Of The Thing". Jack isn't in it much...he comes on at the end as the Kramden's penny-pinching landlord in a "gag cameo", but it's very funny....especially when Gleason goes on one of his wild, eye-popping, arm-waving tirades and loudly tells Jack off...and Jack is doing his DARNDEST to keep from bursting out laughing during it!

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]