Sen-Sen

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByTanya Shaw on November 18, 2003 at 22:29:52:

Have any of you heard Jack or the gang make fun of the candy Sen-Sen? There is one show in particular where Jack and Mary poke fun of the stuff....it was a Christmas episode in 1943 after Mary returns from being gone 3 weeks because of laringitis. Jack greets Mary at the door with a box of Sen-Sen. He told her that the box contained over a 100 pieces and that he had each piece individually wrapped. I never knew how funny that joke was until just the other night when I received some Sen-Sen in the mail. I found a wonderful website that sells candy we had as kids. I couldn't help but to order some Sen-Sen because I was so curious as to why everyone made fun of it.
Regarding the joke, I laughed my bottom off when I opened the package......each piece was just a millimeter in length. And Jack said he paid extra to have each piece individually wrapped!!! ha ha ha
As for the taste....it's a combination of black licquorish and (of all things) roses or some kind of flower!!! Blaugh! Believe me, you wouldn't want a piece to be any bigger than a millimeter! They pack a powerful punch!
Have any of you tried Sen-Sen? By-the-way, the website I mentioned is www.sweetnostalgia.com.

Cheers!
Tanya

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]