Larry Stevens' Honorable Discharge

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByLL on November 22, 2003 at 21:10:27:

Here's the scoop on this from Norma, Larry's widow:

"Hi Laura. I do not have Larry's discharge papers but I am sure I could get them, Larry was honorably discharged from the service during World War 11, 1944 or early 1945, just prior to Dennis Day leaving the show. Larry had an honorable dependency discharge after 6 or 7 months of Air Force service as result of his fathers illness that resulted in death at age 49, ( colon cancer), his brothers' childhood diagnosis of hemophilia ( a blood disease) which he later died from, resulting in Larry being the only care- giver and source of income for the family , which consisted of his mother and ill grandmother. This is the best I can tell you for now, however, after the Jak Benny show was over for Larry, he was able to get help with his family and he traveled to Europe to visit different army camps as part of entertainers for the troops. I have many pictures of him with different officers and men in the service, along with entertainers such as Jeanette McDonald, Rita Hayworth, etc. So much for now, I hope this helps. Norma Stevens"

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]