Re: On a totally different subject...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted Byjerry4opry on December 16, 2003 at 07:36:08:

In Reply to: On a totally different subject... posted byLL on November 29, 2003 at 00:08:24:

: : Is it me or does having an interest in OTR make the Old Bugs Bunny Cartoons seem funnier? (I have my own opinion on this but would like to hear from the rest of you) :-) )

: ======================
: Unquestionably. There are so many things in them that are inspired by OTR ("How do you doooo" as just one example) that it's now almost like knowing the "in jokes".

: And thanks to everyone for your thoughts on the situation. While I know these things subconsciously, it took me so by surprise that I was having some difficulty reconciling it. I expect people to backstab and play political games in the office, but this seemed particularly unprofessional. So I appreciate the feedback on it.

: --LL

: Joe Besser from Abbott and Costellowas also parodied and made reference to any many Warner Brothers cartoons. everytime Bugs or someone would flip their wrist and exaggerate words like "oh, you craaazzzy, youuuu!" were direct homages to Besser. mostly, the inside jokes were written because Mel was so associated with what's now called OTR. i heard one writer say that they slipped in radio references to see Mel's reaction.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]