More On Jack's "Real Life" Humor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByGerry O. on December 27, 2003 at 07:41:49:

In Reply to: Re: Jack and "Real Life" Humor posted byjerry4opry on December 27, 2003 at 06:58:31:

: : like Bob Newhart, who has described himself as low-key and not the life of the party, Jack i'd imagine was the guy at the party who'd keep to himself unless someone called on him for something...the total opposite of the "party-crashing" character that caused so much misery for the Colman's through the years!

------------------------------------------------

Hmmm...I think that the comparison of Jack to Bob Newhart is an excellent one....and the close friendship of Jack with the more outgoing George Burns is very similar to the close real-life friendship of Bob Newhart with Don Rickles (a LOT of people can't figure THAT friendship out!).

What has endured over the years are people's comments regarding what a true gentleman Jack was, and how much he was loved by just about everyone who knew him.
I enjoy hearing the stories about how at various Hollywood house parties, the men would all be gathered in the kitchen or some other room talking about sports, the Friars' Club and similar "guy" topics...but Jack would be found sitting in the living room, drinking coffee and chatting with the ladies...and letting them know that what THEY had to say was important too!

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]