Re: An Odd Question (Observation)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByGerry O. on December 31, 2003 at 00:59:31:

In Reply to: An Odd Question (Observation) posted byScott D. Vroegindewey on December 30, 2003 at 20:40:13:

Scott, you call your question "odd"....Well, I'll give you an even "odder" response:

I'm 48 years old, and a year or so ago I found myself becoming almost obsessed with the thought of death and dying....

No, I wasn't in ill health or anything like that, but I seemed to always be thinking of death. I couldn't figure out why at first, but eventually I did. Because I love classic old movies, TV shows and radio programs, just about everything that I was watching or listening to featured people who are now deceased.
Jack Benny, Lucille Ball, Jackie Gleason, Bing Crosby, etc. were constant reminders of one's immortality.
When I first started liking this type of entertainment 30 years ago, it was a different story....Jack, Lucy, Jackie Gleason, George Burns, Fred Astaire, Frank Sinatra, Red Skelton, etc. were still alive...They were OLD, but they were still with us.

I eventually learned not to dwell on the passing of these great entertainers and to enjoy their work for what it is....a fun slice of history and GREAT entertainment.

See? People who watch nothing but "Survivor" and "The Bachelor" don't have to worry about this stuff!

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]