Re: Benny on PBS in Seattle TODAY 1/1!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted Byjerry4opry on January 01, 2004 at 20:57:46:

In Reply to: Benny on PBS in Seattle TODAY 1/1! posted byFrank Nelson on January 01, 2004 at 02:50:18:

: The PBS affiliate in Seattle, KCTS, is showing two Benny
: eps on New Year's Day at 1:30 PM.

: Call your local PBS outlet and tell them to bring Benny back!

the PBS affiliates that our satellite company carries, WCET in Cincinnati and WCVN in Lexington, KY, are children's programming networks with things like Sesame Street, Mister Rogers, Barney, etc. every morning. at night it's usually British dramas like "Mystery!", "Masterpiece Theatre", "Upstairs Downstaris"...or British comedies like "Are You Being Served?" (which is hilarious...it's a burlesque type of humor that's not for everybody probably). PBS, i think i said one time, used to air Jack's TV show in the late '80s and early '90s every Saturday morning. a cable channel called CBN, which became the Family Channel in 1991, used to air Jack's show at 3 in the morning in the mid '80s before PBS got the rights to it! Luckily PBS aired it in a more normal time slot!! i envy any of you guys who get to still see Jack on a consistent basis on TV...all i have are some of the videos and DVDs and cassette tapes of some of his radio programs!

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]