A Little "Off Topic"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByMike in L.A. on January 02, 2004 at 08:17:37:

I hope Laura doesn't mind, but this one is about classical music. I think a lot of people who like Benny probably appreciate classical music also. I HAVE to post this here, because who else is gonna listen? A few months ago by chance I heard on a classical radio station the Wilhelm Stenhammar Piano Concerto #1 (Swedish). I was absolutely astounded at how good it is. I had never heard it before. I was told it is not very well known in the USA, but more well known in Europe. The complete score was thought to be lost in Germany in WWII, but later found in about 1990. It is a MAGNIFICENT composition, and 4th movement is INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL! It's sort of a Brahms/Rachmaninov/Grieg type concerto. The CD recording I have is on the Chandos label, but I think that one is "out of print." I think there are several other CD's of it, all recorded after 1990. If you haven't heard this composition (which you probably haven't), you have GOT to hear this piano concerto!! You won't be sorry. Tell your friends!

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]