Try the Presidio broadcast, 2-22-42

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted Bykurt on January 09, 2004 at 16:15:58:

In Reply to: I need a "Jack Benny Radio Expert" ASAP posted byRobert Burrill on January 07, 2004 at 00:23:15:

The caveat is that I haven't heard this broadcast myself.

However. Although Benny broadcast from San Francisco several times during his radio career, he usually didn't mention the names of nearby towns. However, in his military base broadcasts, he typically did, because it was guaranteed to get an instant laugh from the servicemen. He'd either mention the name of the town, or the name of a notorious local bar/dance hall.

There are several sources for CD compilations of this and other programs.

: To:
: Subject: Jack Benny; Question for the Forum Bulletin Board

: To: The Jack Benny Fan club and your "The Jack Benny Radio Expert"

:
: I need your help to locate the proper Radio show for our Milpitas Historical Society in Milpitas, CA

: Jack Benny first contributed notoriety for Milpitas within his wonderful Radio shows, when he told Rochester to

:
: prepare the Maxwell for a ride. "I need to go to Milpitas for a haircut."

:
: Can you please tell me which show Jack delivered this famous line? Possibly a show he may have performed in San Francisco.

: After all these year, it is time for our Milpitas citizens to be recognized as obtaining the last laugh . . .

: Incorporated in 1954, Milpitas is currently celebrating its' 50th year as a city, and so I am encouraged to complete a history publication during our "golden" celebration. Milpitas is now a significant metropolitan city within the "Silicon Valley," and I feel this source is a significant part of our cities history.

: Your assistance to locate this show will be appreciated.

: Sincerely, ROBERT BURRILL with the Milpitas Historical Society.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]