Re: New OTR in L.A.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByLL on January 17, 2004 at 09:34:29:

In Reply to: Re: New OTR in L.A. posted byjerry4opry on January 17, 2004 at 06:15:24:

:
: : KSUR the "Great American Songbook" station in L.A. on 540am and 1260am is now broadcasting OTR 7 nites. Their lineup includes the former KNX playlist including Benny and others. I don't know why they have 2 frequencies, but they do. I have found that 1260 usually comes in better on car radios, and either 540 or 1260 can come in better on home radios depending on the individual radio. Check their lineup at: www.ksurf.am

: the only OTR shows i can get around here are "When Radio Was" with Stan Freberg (i live in Ohio but KMOX in St. Louis comes in clear over-night when Freberg's show is on) and on NPR a 6 hour extravaganza called "The Big Broadcast" from 6pm-12am Saturday evenings. That NPR show contains various old-time radio shows, nothing the same each weekend. One weekend they might air Jack's show among the others...or they might not.

: the first 2 hours of the 6 hour time-slot is "Prairie Home Companion" with Garrison Keillor, a sort of Fred Allen meets Andy Rooney comedian. from 8pm-12am it's a mix of OTR comedy and drama. their call letters are 89.3/89.5 WVXU

=======================
Just checked out the KSUR Web site...too bad they don't stream. Also amused to see that they feature "Tony Bennette" (sounds like a drag queen).

If you want "assured" Benny airings, you can tune to Yesterday USA on Sunday evenings (see Featured Items on the home page). However in Ohio, you'll have to be a bit of a night owl, because it comes on at midnight your time.

--LL

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]