Re: John Tackaberry

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByStace Tackaberry on July 21, 2001 at 19:42:57:

In Reply to: Re: John Tackaberry posted byJoe on July 07, 2001 at 21:01:52:

: : There appears to be a lack of information about my father and Benny writer, John Tackaberry. i would be happy to answer any (almost) questions or respond to any comments any one might have.

:
: Hello Stace,

: Thanks for the offer to take the time and answer some questions for Jack Benny Program fans.

: 1- Was there a reason in 1943 Sam Perrin,George Balzer,Milt Josefsberg and your father were all hired at the same time to write for Jack. That was quite a change in the writing staff at one time.
The only thing I remember was that jack thought some of his material had gotten stale and that the show needed a bit of a makeover.
: 2- Did your father do other writing between 1943-1955 while he was working for Jack.
None of which I am aware. At that time it was my understanding that the radio shows had proprietary personnel.
: 3- Not knowing when you were born did you ever meet Jack Benny and if you did what are your memories of him.
I was born in 1942. Yes, as a child I met Jack a number of times...almost always when he came to our home. I do remeber him being a very kind man with a warm, inviting smile. He seemed to always have something nice to say to my sister and me.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]