Re: Jack Paar

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted Byjerry4opry on January 27, 2004 at 16:52:42:

In Reply to: Jack Paar posted byScott D. Vroegindewey on January 27, 2004 at 16:26:04:

: As I recall, as there are so many "Jack Benny Programs" to remember, I think Jack introduced Jack Paar as an up and coming star for his summer replacement. (Who could ever "replace" Jack?) Now, Paar is gone. It will be harder for me when Johnny Carson passes away.

Speaking of Paar, he's heard on one of the Jack Benny tributes available on this site. i wasn't born when he hosted the Tonight Show and for a long time i had assumed he had died because nobody ever talked about him and he never shown himself in the public like George Burns, Steve Allen, Bob Hope, AND Jack Benny continued to do right up to the end. for like 10 years i had assumed Red Skelton had died but he was living that whole time! when i heard the news of HIS death on the radio i was stunned because i thought he was already gone because like Paar, nobody ever spoke of them in "present tense"...they always spoke of their past and nothing else.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]