Jack Benny's protegè featured in TV Guide

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted Byjerry4opry on January 30, 2004 at 06:37:31:

in the January 31 issue of TV Guide, there's a story on Johnny Carson. in fact, he appears on the cover in a small box with the caption "Searching for Johnny Carson". starting on page 29, the story is called "Wheeeere's Johnny?" and it's by a writer named Mary Murphy. She tells the story as if it's a Sherlock Holmes mystery as she paints a picture of her search for Johnny and his huge boat in Marina del Rey. Pictures of Johnny, not recently, but well after he left the Tonight Show in 1992, are shown in the mystery-tribute. It's four/five pages: 28, 30, 31, 32, and 33. page 28 is a picture of a sad looking Carson, looking out into the water from his boat. page 33 is a look-back on his next-to-last show where he and Bette Middler sang to each other. the heart of the story is pages 29-32. in case nobody knew about it...i wanted to let everyone know about this little quirky story since Carson was brought up recently during all the Jack Paar talk. There is also plans for an Ultimate Johnny Carson collection that i know most people on here would like to own too since both Jack Benny and Johnny Carson had the same kind of loyal and devoted fans...and i think everyone on here is a Carson fan or at least likes him...

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]