Re: A couple previous comments

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByBobR on February 05, 2004 at 18:17:32:

In Reply to: A couple previous comments posted byLL on February 05, 2004 at 15:30:12:

: There was a previous comment here about Jack liking a Nat King Cole song because it was used several times on the show. As I'm documenting and cross-referencing songs on the shows, I notice that there are a good number of songs that are used repeatedly on the show. "Hooray for Hollywood" was used several times as an opener or closer during the late 1930s, well before it became the standard Lucky Strike closer.

: Also, I have to disagree that Jack's appearance on other shows made the format change to be more like Jack's show, although it was sometimes true. The Suspense appearances are nothing like Jack's show, while "Seven Keys to Baldpate" has some similarities because of the byplay between Jack and Mary. Jack's appearance on the "Good News of 1938" show isn't really like his own, and Burns and Allen appearing on the 4-11-37 Benny program starts to sound more like THEIR program than Jack's! So like most things, it varies.

: --LL

I seem to recall that Jack's theme song "Love in Bloom" was originally meant for Bob Hope,however I could be wrong.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]