Re: OTR Cereal Sponsors

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted Byjerry4opry on February 15, 2004 at 18:33:43:

In Reply to: Re: OTR Cereal Sponsors posted byDavid M. Lynch on February 15, 2004 at 00:42:29:

: ...Quaker Puffed Wheat and Quaker Puffed Rice. I know that's two, not one, but both "Quaker Puffed" items were vastly similar (allegedly being "shot from guns")...

so THAT'S where Stan Freberg came up with his fake commercial for Puffed Grass!! on his skit called 'Bang Gunleigh: U.S. Marshall Fields', he does a commercial for Puffed Grass...it's shot from a gun. "shoot yourself a bowl of puffed grass today"...hilarious.

anyway, i'd imagine that Jack's association with Grape-Nuts caused many people to buy it. as with most advertising today, you see someone famous with their name attached to something, it usually compels someone to buy. being a kid of the '80s nearly all the boys i went to school with HAD to have a certain brand name of shoe because of Michael Jordan's association with the shoe brand so i'll assume Jack's association with Grape-Nuts caused a noteworthy hike in sales because of his fame...

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]