Jack's Oddest Kiss?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByDavid M. Lynch on February 20, 2004 at 23:03:48:

In Reply to: Re: Jack The DYNAMITE Kisser posted byLL on February 19, 2004 at 22:51:51:

: : :Mary seemed to be quite a kisser too especially when her role called for her to plant one on one of the guest actors,like Frank Sinatra or others. Jack seemed to get a little incensed.

: ====================
: Two things sprang to mind immediately on this topic:

: + Robert Taylor kissing Mary (and a couple years later she says to Barbara Stanwyck, "I knew Robert Taylor before YOU did!")

: + 2-13-49/2-14-54 show where Jack kisses Mary for his birthday, then asks "How was that?" and her response is a flat, "Thank you, Errol Flynn."

: --LL

One of my favorite anecdotes involves George Burns and Jack being honored as Entertainers of the Year in 1972 at a New York Friars Club dinner. After her tribute to the two, Pearl Bailey gave each gent a kiss. This prompted emcee Joey Bishop to remark, "I can understand singing for them, Pearl, but kissing them, ugh!" At this point, George walked up to Joey, and kissed him on the cheek. For once, Jack outdid George; he stood, grabbed Joey's head in his hands, and smootched Bishop right on the lips! Bishop's dazed reply? "You know, that wasn't bad."

For a nice photo sequence, click the link below, please! (If the lower photos look a bit fuzzy, it's because the magazine page is shrink-wrapped.) And note that for the event, Jack even persuaded Mary to attend!

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]