Re: Interesting Discussion on Rochester

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByScott D. Vroegindewey on February 21, 2004 at 15:29:05:

In Reply to: Re: Interesting Discussion on Rochester posted byjerry4opry on February 21, 2004 at 06:55:20:

: : You write:
'Course, you don't see the "fat" humor a la Don Wilson anymore, either.
==================================================
I wish "fat humor" were a thing of the past. I recently saw a greeting card that showed an overweight woman dressed like a fairy princess. Maybe I am hypersensitive (I am not grossly overweight), but I thought the card made fun of her and her weight. I even wrote to the greeting card company, and they wrote me back -- much to my surprise -- telling me the card had been removed. The company did not address the fact I had hoped the lady was compensated richly. The image of that lady "burns" in my mind because it was teasing someone who probably cannot help but be the way she is. I venture to say, she is a very sweet individual, and probably very kind to others who made fun of her weight, tolerating quite a lot. "Fat jokes" are not funny to me. Yes, Jack teased Don quite a bit about that subject, and I try to look past it, only because I know Jack did not have an evil bone in his body and soul.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]