Re: Come home, Michael Bartlett, all is forgiven

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByGerry O. on February 21, 2004 at 23:23:38:

In Reply to: Come home, Michael Bartlett, all is forgiven posted byLL on February 21, 2004 at 21:30:39:

: : The singer that took over in the fall of 1935 was Michael Bartlett, and sadly, all of his shows are among the lost. Whatever the case, he was speedily replaced by Kenny Baker on November 3, 1935.

: (snip)

: : The first time they did it, they apparently got a "lemon" in Bartlett. With Dennis, I imagine they didn't want that to happen again.

: =================
: Okay, I was too hasty in my judgement of Michael Bartlett's departure. Apparently reading all these Harry Conn scripts is affecting me, because as I looked at the pages that introduced Bartlett and thought about all of his being lost shows, I thought, "Alas! We no longer have Bartlett's quotations!"

: But Jack announces that Bartlett is leaving the show to take a starring film role. It's all very above-board, thanks are given all around. Bartlett is brought in like gangbusters as Mary's love interest, which is kept in high gear for the few shows he was on (except, of course, for the last one).

: Considering the IMDB lists Bartlett as appearing in only three films, I wonder if he ever regretted his decision!

: : --LL

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]