Biography Question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByUK Pete on February 24, 2004 at 07:51:01:

I'm currently reading the Irving Fein biography of Jack and so far have been really disappointed with it.The recounting of stories between Jack and George Burns seem to have lost something in the telling. I remember seeing Jack recently on a re showing of a chat show he did over here, probably in the late sixties, where he talks of the time he and George were in London in the early sixties and as they walked along the sidewalk George was stopping and looking in every basement window ( he later told Jack that he was only in London for a short time and didn't want to miss anything!) Well the way Jack told the story was hilarious but when Fein tells it ( he just quotes George as saying something like "There's nothing there" and you're left wondering........well "where's the joke?". I wonder if that also applies to some of the other Jack/George stories he tells because they just don't seem that funny the way they're told. Also I was really shocked by the story Fein tells of Jack rolling on the floor laughing over something George said immediately after a 94 year old fan of Jacks had come over to give him a kiss on the cheek. If it really happened the way Fein tells it, it would have been extemely embarrasing for the old lady and knowing what we know about Jack I can't really imagine it happening like that. Does anyone know any more about this story?

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]