Re: Well, let me say this about that...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted Byjerry4opry on February 27, 2004 at 06:50:29:

In Reply to: Well, let me say this about that... posted byLL on February 21, 2004 at 22:52:07:

: We're all looking at these shows with our own perspective, based on our backgrounds, preconceptions, knowledge (e.g., Jack's standing on racial relations), etc. If it makes you laugh, it's funny...to you. If it makes you angry, it's offensive...to you. All we can speak for is ourselves.

--------------------------

i try to do just that but it burns me up when i read or hear about political correctness and how "awful" i am, or others who think along the same lines as i do, because i don't share their look on things. yesterday night on Fox News channel i heard the most ridiculous thing. Immigrants who come here illegally object being called "illegal aliens", which is what they are: here illegally. No, they have to run to some wacky anti-defamation league and other like-minded social groups and try and get the term changed to "undocumented alien". this is the last i'll post on this topic. it's a divisive topic, in truth, because everyone sees things differently.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]