Re: Carl Amari? LOL

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted Bylynn wagar on August 19, 2001 at 14:07:39:

In Reply to: Carl Amari? LOL posted byMichael on August 13, 2001 at 16:57:07:

: I am "new" to otr online.

: I am wondering what Mr. Carl Amari is trying?
: He seems to claim he has exclusive rights to programs.
: Though the US Copyright office has no record of a Jack Benny Radio Show copyright. In fact Amari or his RSI is not listed has holding a single copyright.

: I am wondering if Amari is an adult with a teenage mind? He seems to think because someone that once owned a copyright signs a contract that he can sue. He is wrong. First there is no listings for these shows in copyright offices, therefore the signers have no rights to enter into an agreement.
: He also seems to claim the 1978 amendments as rights to the shows, but the fact is that broadcasting is a form of publication, there for the copyrights were assigned at the time of broadcast. To prove this simply show a case in the 1932s to 1950s where a radio show owner sued another person. You cant sue someone unless you claim copyright.

: Also he seems to think he has no need to publicly produce a list of shows he is claiming, simply put, I think he is trying to flim flam millions of people.

: If he ever sues he will have to provide ALL persons that signed contracts with him, since by law he CANT sue on their behalf.
: It seems more and more that RSI is trying to scare people from competing.
: If he ever enters into a court he also subjects himself and his business to scrutiny of wether they have practiced illegal marketing. There are laws about claiming property rights. He can not simply provide a contract and turn to you and say "Prove it wrong". In almost all cases he is the one that will have to prove the signatures are legal.

: Also the fact that these shows were taped, sold, traded, ect. for a good 20 years before his claims, mean that the owners of the original copyrights never enforced them. This of course could mean a judge could nullify any claims to a copyright, and place ALL pre 1950 OTR shows in public domain.

: I am not a lawyer, but I have been very interested in copyrights and laws, since I write programs and am interested in protecting them.

: I believe either,
: Mr. Amari is trying to scam millions of people
: or
: Mr. Amari has set a record for being taken by people that have no legal rights to a copyright.

: Michael

Hi Micheal

Thanks for the copy right information. You don't have to be a lawyer to know what your talking about. Spread the word, this hobby belongs
to us!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!! lynn

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]