More On "Radio Spirits"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByWill on August 19, 2001 at 19:17:35:

Carl Amari and his "Radio Spirits" cartel has RUINED the hobby of collecting old-time radio! We used to have the choice of buying shows from a variety of companies depending on their sound quality, turnaround time, personal service, etc. However, Mr. Amari now has a virtual monopoly on the whole OTR hobby. I was absolutely SICK when I found out that Amari had bought out Radio Yesteryear, a company which I had done business for DECADES! Radio Spirits has poor, impersonal (sometimes even RUDE) service and butchered shows....Many of their programs have commercials, musical numbers or closings deleted or replaced from other broadcasts, just so they can fit the material on shorter cassettes and CDs. Also the company syndicates that terrible "When Radio Was" series, and tries to make it like THEY indeed own the rights to all old radio programs. People get all bent out of shape over Bill Gates and his so-called "Microsoft Monopoly"...Well, Gates is NOTHING compared to Amari and HIS monopoly! Oh well, the hobby was fun while it belonged to the collectors!

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]