Copyrights and JB shows

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByTEADJones on September 21, 2001 at 13:17:21:

Hey, all,

I was looking at my Radio Spirits JB cassettes and noticed that some are copyrighted by someone name simply "Zachary" and some are copyrighted by "Marvin B. Meyer". I was curious to know if anyone knows who these people are and what their relationship is/was to Mr. Benny.

Also, before becoming an IJBFC member, I tapped the commercial markets as much as possible for shows on tape, collecting 376 episodes, from AVPRO and RSI (and a few from Metacom, GreatTapes, and AIC). I am in the process of creating a statistical analysis (including quality) to be posted here. It appears, though, that producers using the CEDAR audio "cleaning" system (like RSI and for that matter, I believe also the hon. J. Haendiges) are generating the best quality products.

I also wish to avoid monopolies, and suggest a solution:
The products should be offered in two "states", each a different "product": One "cleaned" by the big production houses (and costing more to produce and purchase), and one "raw" for the collectors (this is the product known for years through trading).

As we collectors can afford to replace our raw copies with cleaned copies, we would then gradually make purchases from the big guys. And only the big guys would use chains stores to market their product, giving them the lion's share of the general consumer market.

What do you all think? Thanks.

Regards,

TEADJones

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: