Reviving "Old-Time Comedy" like Jack Benny's

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByBill Cajun Thibodeaux on October 20, 2001 at 23:24:31:

I've been a Jack Benny fan my entire life, so it's not surprising that, as a comedian in Colorado Springs, my style and delivery has been influenced greatly by this legendary man. I will forever be indebted to Mr. Benny for setting such high comedic standards for those of us who do not easily fit the cookie-cutter formula of today's comedy clubs. Until I stopped running from the truth -- that I am a product of the old-school of comedy, not the new -- few things went my way. It's been a different story since I rediscovered the spirit of Mr. Benny's type of humor, and that of several of his contemporaries.
Currently, as manager of a comedy troupe called "Laugh Troop," I am looking to revive "Old-Time Comedy" in a production that is already in the works. Those of you who, like myself, love this type of entertainment -- I welcome your feedback, suggestions, comments, etc. Although the response to my plans have been positive and encouraging, I would love to hear from people who are like-minded.
For decades, folks have complained that entertainment "ain't what it used to be." Well, I'm doing my best to change that. It would help to hear from those of you who know what I'm talking about. Please, visit me at http://www.laughtroop.com
In closing, I would like to thank Joan Benny. Whenever I'm feeling down and need a little extra motivation to keep me going, all I have to do is pull up a nice comfortable chair and re-read "Sunday Nights At Seven" for the umpteenth time.
Thank you, fellow Jack Benny Fans... and, good night.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]