Re: Young JB fans everywhere...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted BySusan on November 01, 2001 at 17:43:12:

In Reply to: Re: Young JB fans everywhere... posted byMarney Collins on July 11, 2001 at 01:49:55:

I am 25 and I have enjoyed old time radio for the past four years. I have over one hundred tapes, including several Jack Benny tape sets. I also enjoy "Our Miss Brooks," "Box 13," "Richard Diamond," "Lux Radio Theatre," "Suspense," and many others besides. Jack Benny is one of my favorites, however. I am glad to know that there are other young people who enjoy these "Golden Oldies" of the radio. They are much better written than most of the drivel on television today that fills up half of its time with commercials and the rest of the time with indecent and vulgar language and activities. Hooray for a time of more decency and good humor!
: Hi Katie,
: I'm not quite as young as you, but I was 18 in 1992 when I first discovered Jack Benny. I'm 27 now, but I'm still(until you)the youngest person I know that loves old time radio! If I could go back in time I would have loved to live in the 1930's and 1940's. All I read are biographies of movie stars of that era. So your not really alone. I think it's nice to have an interest in something that not a lot of people our age (under 50) have even heard of! :

:
: I am a BIG, BIG Jack Benny fan and I am 15. I like to talk to anybody who shares my interest, but I really would like to talk to people my own age about Jack Benny or 1930s and 1940's era of entertainment in general (Three Stooges, Marx Brothers, old radio comedies, etc.)! So if you want to talk JB or whatever, e-mail me at: Pogosheep@juno.com if you can't get through on my e-mail, post a response message regarding this one! Thank you!

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]