Re: Info On Jack Eigan

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted Bybill on December 01, 2001 at 15:16:21:

In Reply to: Info On Jack Eigan posted byGerry O. on November 19, 2001 at 08:17:37:

: : Wow! I finally got to hear the second half of the Suspense program from last weeks chat. Now I can't keep that little jingle out of my head "its rotting my brain!" Suspense was good about that. I didn't realize that Elliot Lewis had an interest in Suspense. Frankie Remley (or his stand-in is everywhere!)... Now if I could just find out who Jack Eigan (sp) of Fred Allen lore was..that would at least hold me til tomorrow.....

: I've never heard any of Mr. Eigan's actual broadcasts, but from what I've heard and read, Jack Eigan was a radio personality who did a radio show from one of New York City's nightspots in the late 1940's. His progam consisted of him interviewing celebrities, and none of his interviews seemed to have any substance to them. They were of the "shameless plug" variety: "So tell us about your new movie that's coming out...", "So how's that new record of yours doing?", etc. It was all glitzy show-biz-type fluff, and the type of radio that Fred Allen DETESTED! That's why Fred liked to poke fun at Eigan and his show....When Fred would say to a true radio great like Orson Welles, "Orson, take my advice and you'll be the biggest thing on radio since Jack Eigan", it would really get a laugh!

Thanks so much for that info.. I have been trying to figure it out for years. I finally found out who Barney Dean was on the Pepsodent Show,].whpowers

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]