Re: Jacks Maxwell

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByLaura Leff on November 10, 2000 at 17:39:47:

In Reply to: Jacks Maxwell posted byBen Wilkie on November 10, 2000 at 13:21:51:

Here's a little more information about that. It was actually a public movement that Jack should donate his Maxwell to the scrap drive. The crew then had to go out and *find* a Maxwell, and then staged a publicity stunt about him donating it. (I think there's a picture of that in one of the books.)

There were actually two cars that were used as Jack's Maxwell that are still around today. One was purchased at auction back in the 80s, and is in a private auto museum in Indiana. I am planning on writing more about it in an upcoming newsletter. The other used to belong to a family in Waukegan, who later sold it to a collector in Wisconsin. I need to go back to my notes and see if I can find that one.

The one shown in the photo above is the one that's in Indiana. I had the pleasure of seeing it and talking with one of the owner's associates several years ago, and have photos of me in both the back seat and the driver's seat. Quite a thrill!

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]