Posted ByPapa Mo on January 14, 2002 at 10:55:51:
Recently heard on a radio talk show was the following Jack Benny story/joke: Jack says to Rochester: "Turn on my G.E. Electric Blanket."
Rochester replies: "But Boss, you don't have a G.E. Electric Blanket."
Jack: "I do now."
The next day he got a phone call, "How many do you want?"
(1) When was the joke originally told?
(2) In what reference was the joke told?
(3) What was the after effect of the telling of the joke?
(4) When did the rules change that outlawed such practices or have they?
(5) Do any of you have another example of a JB story/joke you may have heard or seen told by a comedian/comedienne on either the radio, television, or in person? What was it? (Perhaps he/she said it was one of his/her favorites.)