Re: Fond remembrances of Joan Benny

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted Byjoan benny on November 15, 2000 at 00:33:32:

In Reply to: Re: Fond remembrances of Joan Benny posted byGwynn on November 14, 2000 at 10:26:02:

: : I would like to know from Ms.Joan Benny any particular time that she and her dad spent together ie . helping with homework,taking walks down the block, visiting Lucy or the colemans ,going to the ball games,etc?

: Perhaps Joan remembers a story that Lucy Arnaz once told of Jack arriving at their house during dinner and walking through their dining room playing his violin. He didn't say a word...just walked through and right out through the door. I guess that it left them in stitches!!
the lucy arnaz story is true! they all loved it...
did i spend time with my dad? yes. lots. no, we didn't go for walks together... he loved to walk, and when i had a family he often walked to my house to visit me and his grandchildren. he also liked to drop in on lucy next door and the jimmy stewarts who lived across the street from lucy.
no, he never helped me with homework. (he dropped out of school in the 9th grade)
however; we went to many baseball games together... he was a Dodger fan. i went with him many times when he played concert dates. and when i was very young he would drive with me on sunday mornings to malibu where we would eat breakfast, and talk about that afternoon's show.
all in all, we spent a lot of time together. he was a terrific father... and needless to say, i adored him!
also, for your information, the Colemans were not our neighbors in real life... that was just made up for the show. i don't even know where they lived.

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]