Re: Young people and OTR

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByRadioMaster on February 16, 2002 at 19:50:56:

In Reply to: Young people and OTR posted byLaura on February 15, 2002 at 18:26:03:

: I started the IJBFC when I was 10 years old. Now with the Internet, even more young people can readily find information on old time radio.

: We have some younger people who are members of the IJBFC. You'd probably be surprised how many there are. Tell your story!

: --LL

My Jenna, at age 6 (she was 5 when her membership commenced) goes to sleep each night to the sounds of The Jack Benny Program. She knows each cast member and can tell you their particular role.

She has memorized the dialogue of many programs and comes and gets daddy to experience her newest 'discovery' with her. She sings songs like: "That's what I like about the South" and "Ole Buttermilk Sky" when Hoagy "Hugo" Carmichael was on the program.

Very often I go into her room only to find many parts of my collection have been 'liberated'.

She is indeed a true Jack Benny fan. Along with the indoctrination she has received from her daddy, the future legacy of Jack Benny is certainly safe.

RM

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]