This Is So CONFUSING!!!!!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByGerry O. on March 26, 2002 at 20:23:20:

In Reply to: Re: Marx sister? posted byMe on March 26, 2002 at 12:06:41:

: : Actually, Mary's real name was Sadie Marks (at least that's the way that it's spelled in all of the bios), but she WAS a distant cousin of the Marx Brothers.

: Why do people often insist that Mary was related to the Marx Brothers, when it says explicitly *in her own book* that they were not related?

OK Gang....Let's line up all of our various Jack Benny biographies and compare notes!
What seems to be happening here is that we're reading different books by different authors which contain different facts.
You are right about Mary's book, "Me"...IF in fact that is your REAL name! (Just kidding)!
However, I was referring to Milt Josefsberg's book "The Jack Benny Show" in which Mr. Josefsberg wrote on page 35 that the Marx Brothers were Mary's (and I quote): "very distant relatives". There are other sources which state that Mary and the Marxes were related (as distant cousins), but I guess that Mary would have known best.
That's one of the great things about this message board....We can all compare notes and find out the different versions of incidents....and sometimes there are as many different versions of an incident in Jack's life as there are books ABOUT Jack's life!

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]