More On "Buck Benny Rides Again"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByGerry O. on April 12, 2002 at 23:54:31:

In Reply to: Re: Buck Benny Rides Again - where can I find it? posted byLaura Leff on April 12, 2002 at 20:49:16:

: : Anyways, I'd really like to see the movie "Buck Benny Rides Again" after hearing so many references to it on different radio programs. Does anyone know where I can find a copy? Oh - and I'm in Canada. So this might make it harder to find, or at least more expensive! Thanks a lot!

: It's a good movie, worth looking for it. Probably the best direct transfer of a radio show to the movie screen. Try contacting people on our Tape Trading List (look under Programs here on the site).

: --LL

Yes Laura, it's really a wonderful transfer of Jack's radio show...in fact, the whole radio cast (except for Mary) shows up in this one...even Andy Devine!
The opening titles are GREAT...It shows Don Wilson standing at a microphone actually ANNOUNCING the film's title and cast members...with Jack standing next to him, wearing cowboy garb and striking a "brave and noble cowboy" pose!
As Jack would say, "Hmmmm..."...Maybe we SHOULD start bugging MCA/Universal to commercially release those Benny Paramounts...There's lots of good stuff there!

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]