Re: Visualize Word Space

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]

Posted ByGerry O. on April 13, 2002 at 13:51:46:

In Reply to: Visualize Word Space posted byGary on April 13, 2002 at 12:30:53:

: I was listening to a show last night, and , as usual, visualizing what I was hearing. Sometimes, the show occurs within Jack's house, and, like most of us, I picture a nice, typical, home. Often, the show occurs in other easy-to=picture places.

: But many times the show occurs simply at a a place where "they do the show:. There are knocks at doors, telephone rings, a bandstand somewhere, a place where Jack can step aside to become exasperated at Dennis.

: And I was wondering, does everyone picture this place the same way? I have an image in my head, but what do you all "see" when you hear those shows?

Gary, I think that you're referring to the "variety"-format Benny shows. (Most of the "Jell-O" programs had this format as opposed to the later "sitcom"-type format which took place at Jack's house, a dentist's office, a railroad station, etc.).
When I listen to one of the "variety" episodes, I usually picture the cast standing around at microphones on a stage with a curtain in back of them...in fact, that's what the scene actually WAS (according to photos which were taken during actual Benny broadcasts). The only difference is that in "real life", the cast read from typed scripts, but when I picture the show being performed on a stage, I picture the cast members standing around talking as if it were a TV show, instead of them reading from scripts.
Well, that's what I picture...Anyone else care to jump in here? (GREAT topic, Gary!).

Follow Ups

Post Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Jack Benny Fan Club ]